Baking & Cake Art Academy, Inc.
ADVANCED CAKE DECORATING
a 20-week, 90-hour Professional Baking & Cake Decorating Course
taught at our studio kitchen in West Los Angeles.
February 23, 2017
This course is designed and taught to the same exact
California Career Technical Education Standards that have
launched countless successful careers in Baking and Cake Decorating.
Whether you’re looking to make a serious career commitment in the field of baking and cake decorating, or you’re ready to take your favorite hobby to the absolute highest level, then this incredible course is the logical next step for you!
The course curriculum includes:
Learning how to make and master:
- Fondant – three ways
- Chocolate Ganache
- Chocolate Modeling Pate
- Sugar Lace
Mastering the latest cake trends:
- Ombre’ techniques with different mediums
- Upscale cupcakes and cookies
- Color playfulness
- Color and design theories used in cake design
Understanding the importance of:
- Occupational safety
- Tools, terminology and basic procedures of cake production
- Controlling expenses by using “bakers’ percentages”
You’ll earn a Certificate of Completion and be ready to get a great job with an employer-ready resume and portfolio.
With the amazing skills you’ll gain in this Baking & Cake Decorating course, the possibilities are endless!
- Build a lucrative career
- Start your own business
- Be a contender in a cake challenge
- Decorate sensational cakes for family and friends
Tuition: Only $950 for 90 hours of semi-private instruction
Student responsibilities (not covered by the class fee)
- As an enrolled student, you will be given a list of supplies and equipment that you will purchase either from me or on you own. If you have already completed the prerequisite CTE Beginner Cake Decorating course, much of your equipment can also be used for the CTE Advanced Cake Decorating Course.
- Students are expected to bring the required cakes and icings to complete each project.
- There will be no make-up days as we have much to cover within each session. If a student requires makeup hours, there will be additional fees.
- Students are expected to come dressed as discussed at the first class meeting. The dress is for safety, industry standard and personal hygiene.
- Students are required to obtain a TB Test before beginning the course.
- There is no refund policy after registration.
About Susan Holtz, Instructor
Susan Holtz has been teaching Baking and Cake Art for over 25 years, including 18 years at the West Valley Occupational Center. Her students have gone on to start hugely successful baking and cake decorating businesses of their own, some of them teach the art, and some of them are simply hobby enthusiasts who enjoy making creations they can be proud of. Susan’s current California State Teaching Credentials enable her to teach this certification course.
Questions? Call (310) 915-7165 today