Baking & Cake Art Academy, Inc.
"California Career Tech Education
Beginning Cake Decorating"
a 20-week, 90-hour Professional Baking & Cake Decorating Course taught at our studio kitchen in West Los Angeles
February 21, 2017
Whether you’re looking to make a serious career commitment in the field of baking and cake decorating, or you’re ready to take your favorite hobby to the absolute highest level, then this incredible course is the logical next step for you!
Here’s a glimpse of what the course curriculum includes:
- You’ll learn to bake perfect cakes that will be the foundation for your decorating.
- You’ll master every skill you need to complete 11 delightful projects covering novelty cakes, flowers, icings, cake assembly, tiered cakes, borders, layer cakes, tiered cake construction, buttercreams, and more.
- You’ll master various buttercreams, whipped creams and royal icings then pair them with layer cakes that form the backbone of the American Style of cake baking and decorating.
- You’ll have practical knowledge of the baking and cake decorating business that you can use immediately.
- You’ll be amazed at how you can fluently speak the language of baking and cake decorating.
- You’ll earn a Certificate of Completion so you can share your accomplishments with employers, family and friends.
- You’ll be ready to get a great job with an employer-ready resume and portfolio.
- You’ll be prepared to take Chef Susan’s Advanced CTE Cake Decorating course (you may only register for the advanced course after successfully completing Chef Susan’s Beginner CTE Cake Decorating course.)
With the amazing skills you’ll gain in this Baking & Cake Decorating course, the possibilities are endless!
- Build a lucrative career
- Start your own business
- Be a contender in a cake challenge
- Decorate sensational cakes for family and friends
- Be ready for the advanced level Cake Decorating course
Tuition: Only $950 for 90 hours of semi-private instruction
Student responsibilities (not covered by the class fee)
- Students will be given a list of supplies and equipment to purchase. All equipment that each student purchases for the Cake Decorating Course can also be used for the CTE Advanced Cake Decorating Course that will be offered in the February 2017.
- Students are expected to bring the required cakes and icings to complete each project.
- There will be no make-up days as we have much to cover within each session. If a student requires makeup hours, there will be additional fees.
- Students are expected to come dressed as discussed at the first class meeting. The dress is for safety, industry standard and personal hygiene.
- Students are required to obtain a TB Test before beginning the course.
- There is no refund policy after registration.
Remember, you must successfully complete this course before being able to move on to Chef Susan’s Advanced CTE Cake Decorating course.
About Susan Holtz, Instructor
Susan Holtz has been teaching Baking and Cake Art for over 25 years, including 18 years at the West Valley Occupational Center. Her students have gone on to start hugely successful baking and cake decorating businesses of their own, some of them teach the art, and some of them are simply hobby enthusiasts who enjoy making creations they can be proud of. Susan’s current California State Teaching Credentials enable her to teach this certification course.
Questions? Call (310) 915-7165 today