Welcome! In order to obtain the best results when you use the information included in this lesson, it is recommended that you view the following video several times and take the quiz (lesson review) before preparing the pate a choux.
In the following lesson you will learn:
1. How to correctly prepare and measure the water used.
2 .What the shape and temperature of the butter should be for best results.
3. How to melt the butter.
4. How you correctly mix the flour into the hot liquid mixture.
5. What utensil is best to stir the four into the hot liquid?
6. Uses for pate a choux.
7. What the mixture looks like after flour is added to the boiling liquid.
8. Correct egg temperature before adding to flour butter mixture.
9. How to add eggs to cooked dough.
10. What mixer speed and mixer attachment is used when adding eggs to cooked dough?
11. What the pate choux looks like after the eggs are added.
12 What causes the pate choux dough to rise during baking?
Lesson Review: By taking this review you will review important points that will guarantee your pate a choux success!