The Baking & Cake Art Academy is Los Angeles’ only school dedicated solely to the art of baking and cake decorating. Founded in Mar Vista by award-winning baker Chef Susan Holtz, the school offers year round classes and camps for children and adults.
Just a few of the amazing skills our adult students gain:
· Baking perfectly textured cakes
· Fondant, airbrushing, royal icing
· Occupational skills and kitchen safety
· “Baker’s percentages”
· Color design and theory
· Upscale cupcakes and cakes
Adults have several choices for learning at the academy, whether they’re dedicated hobbyists or working to advance their careers in baking and cake decorating.
- Beginner and Advanced Continuing Education courses – the same courses that have launched countless careers in baking and cake decorating for over 25 years, and made experts out of hobbyists.
- Master classes – offered throughout the year on various skills and topics
- Private and semi-private lessons
- Birthday parties, showers, milestone celebrations and more
- Gift certificates are available
Learn more about our upcoming adult classes below. Check back often, as we’re always adding new courses and events.
Call anytime to schedule private classes, semi-private lessons or parties!